UA-05/A. Academic Departments
Found in 33 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains general information and annual reports, as well as information on grants and the CATIE Center.
The collection contains the Annual Report from 2015-2016.
The collection houses papers from the department such as annual and departmental reports, meeting minutes, and materials regarding students and faculty. A majority of the materials are from the later 1990s. The collection also features papers on Carmen Pampa, a university in Bolivia that St. Catherine faculty and students were involved with to promote higher education in the biological sciences.
The Chemistry Department records contain departmental and annual reports, publicity, and course and faculty materials. There is also a file of handwritten chemistry notes by Sister Antonius Kennelly, chemistry faculty member and third president of St. Catherine. A majority of the collection's records are from the later 1980s.
This collection has general information about the Communication Department from 1990-2016. It also includes course proposals, newsletters, student essays, radio station, annual reports and assesment plans.
The Education Department was founded in 1914, expanding from being a kindergarten licensure program at its conception to offer Bachelors of Arts for Elementary and Secondary Education as well as a Masters of Arts in Education today. This collection includes departmental records such as meeting minutes as well as materials connected to the university's Early Childhood Center and the department's Montessori programs and their accreditation.
The Department of English records contain materials documenting the activities of the department. These materials are meeting minutes, student work, department events and publicity, and curriculum outlines and descriptions. There is also information on the Learning Center, which was the beginnings of the O'Neill Center, and materials on Writing Across the Curriculum.