Skip to main content

UA-15/C. St. Mary's Junior College

 Record Group Term
Identifier: UA-15/C
St. Mary’s Junior College (SMJC) opened in 1964 on the St. Mary's School of Nursing (SMSN) campus. SMJC had developed from the SMSN, and the two institutions shared the campus for two years. SMJC was a co-educational institution which offered two-year programs preparing students for careers not only in nursing, but in other health and human service fields. In 1985 the boards of the College of St. Catherine and St. Mary’s Junior College decided to merge the two institutions. SMJC then became the St. Mary’s Campus of the College of St. Catherine. (The campus eventually became known as the College of St. Catherine – Minneapolis in 1994.)

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Grace Holmes Carlson Collection

 Collection — Box 1039
Identifier: PP-032